These items come from a television series that started in the early 1990’s and which is no longer on the air. With each item are one or more questions. At the end are some more general questions. Personally I’m not that much into trivia, but some of these items appealed to me.
- Ancient Egyptian Blessing: “May the Gods always stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk”. Who said it (1 pt)? What was the occasion (2 pts)?
- Dialogue about a food plan:
- “But I’ll gain weight!”
- “Well, briefly, yes.”
- “Figures. All my life I’ve fought against imperialism. Now, suddenly I am the expanding Russian frontier.”
- “But with very nice borders.”
- Who were the two people talking (4 pts)? What was the name or subject of the episode (6 pts)
3. “It was the year of fire, the year of destruction, the year we took back what was ours. It was the year of rebirth, the year of great sadness, the year of pain, and the year of joy. It was a new age. It was the end of history. It was the year everything changed. The year is… (6 pts)?; the place: … (3 pts)?”.
4. “Let me pass on to you the one thing I’ve learned about this place: No one here is exactly what he appears. ” Who said this (3 pts)?
5. “The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.” Who said this (3 pts)?
6. “I know, I know. It’s a Russian thing. When we’re about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference.” Who said this (3 pts)?
And here are the general questions:
- What is the name of the series? (2 pts)
- How many years did it run? (2 pts)
- Who was your favourite character?
- What was your favourite episode?
Good luck, and please don’t use search engines for this.
As a final bonus question:
“Ambassador, it is not my place to speculate on how anything gets in your bed.” Who is the ambassador (4 pts)? Who is the speaker (6 pts)?